Skip to Content

Jenna Renae on American Idol – The Farewell Season

Hey Everybody!

The two-night premiere of the Farewell Season of American Idol is one day away….

I can’t believe I have the opportunity to be a part of this iconic show. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to be a part of the Idol legacy.

I auditioned in Atlanta, Georgia with thousands of other ridiculously talented musicians. We all had the same dream. We all had the same love: music.

IMG_0045

It was surreal to think that one of us could be the next American Idol. I met so many fascinating people, some who I still stay in contact with to this day. I don’t know how the judges sift through this much incredible talent. It must be quite the job.

IMG_0094

It was a long day, but one of the best days of my life. The American Idol team made sure that everyone got the best experience possible. A lot of people don’t realize how much work it takes to create a show this huge… It takes a TON of work. Thank you to everyone on the American Idol team. It is obvious how many hours, blood, sweat, and tears you pour into this show. It didn’t go unnoticed. The coordinators, directors, producers, everyone… Thank you for making American Idol such an unforgettable experience.

IMG_0106

For some reason, I tried to convince myself beforehand that I wouldn’t be nervous. It didn’t work. When I saw all of the American Idol banners and other contestants waiting, I started feel butterflies in my stomach….and in my brain…

As I walked down the hall, the realization hit me… This is it. This is the Farewell Season of American Idol. There is no “try again next year.” The pressure seemed to increase with every minute that brought me closer to the judges.

IMG_0067

In the end, I am really proud of my audition. I can say with confidence that I did my best, even with all the excitement and nerves dancing around in my head. I gave my all.

So, did it all pay off? Did I get a golden ticket?

Well… You will have to tune in and see.. 😉

8pm EST on FOX!!

IMG_0090

9 Comments - Add Yours

Kraig Brooks says:

Went to school with your Mother & Father. Good luck to you!!
KB

Betsy and Gene Wahl says:

We’ll be watching Jenna! We got news from my cousin, and your Grampa, Roger DeVries. He’s so excited for you!! He used to sing at school in Sodus! I will keep you in my prayers and hope your nerves will calm so you can do your best!! Good luck and Love to you in your exciting future!! Love, Betsy

Mary Anagnostopoulos says:

Jenna-All of Williamson and Original Candy Kitchen will be rooting for you like crazy. Thank you so much for the great article you wrote expressing what it was like to be a part of this American Idol experience. While reading it I could imagine you on your journey. I am so glad the journey is still in motion and I hope it sees you to the very end as America’s New IDOL! Good luck. BAL
Love,
Mary (From Your hometown Diner)

Jenna Renae says:

Aww thank you so much Mary! I appreciate you and everyone at the Original Candy Kitchen so much! It has been such an awesome journey so far. I can’t wait to tell you all about it when I see you all next time! <3 Love and hugs! <3

Betsy and Gene Wahl says:

One more night to wait! I am so excited for you! Love and luck tomorrow night!

Jenna Renae says:

Thank you so much! I am so excited to be a part of this show!! <3

Katy Distenfeld says:

Break all the legs in the world, my beloved snail! <3

Bob Gorski says:

I’m always proud of you!! I’ll be watching. Break a leg.

Kathy Belli says:

Good luck Jenna, I’m routing for you! I grew up with your mom and know your uncles and grand parents (Notos) very well.
You got this! I will be waiting for you to be the next idol!
Rock on baby!!!!!!!!